Students needing to print can use printers located in computer labs, either from the lab computers or through Web Print from your own computer on a pay-as-you-go basis. Each student is given $50 print credit for each Fall/Jan Term and $50 print credit for each Spring/Summer. If you run out of print credit, you can purchase more at the Business Office.
Faculty and Staff
Networked campus printers – while logged onto the network, print to the campus printer located closest to your work area. If your computer is not already mapped to that printer, it is easy to map it.
Windows Printer Mapping:
- Single click the Windows icon in the lower left hand corner and open Control Panel.
- Click the icon for Hardware and Sound.
- Skip step 2 if you have a more detailed view and double click Devices and Printers.
- Once the window opens, at the top, single click Add a Printer.
- Single Click Add a network, wireless, or bluetooth printer.
- At the bottom, single click The printer that I want isn’t Listed.
- Click Find a Printer in the directory and click NEXT.
- Locate the printer you want and click OK.
- Click NEXT until you receive a successful install message.
Mac Printer Mapping:
- Open System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners.
- Single click the + to add printer.
- On the Add screen, select Default.
- Scroll through list to select printer.
- Use Generic PostScript Printer for the driver.
- Single click the Add button.
Copier/printers – Copiers with print capability are provided for use by faculty and staff, but they are supported by NovaCopy, not IT. If you have an issue with your copier, please contact NovaCopy using the telephone number located on the sticker on the front of the copier. These units require charge codes which are managed by the Business Office.
Large Format Printer – A poster printer, located in the Jackson Technology Center, is available for use by the Austin College Community. The primary purpose of this printer is to aid staff, faculty, and students in their academic pursuits. An Austin College Account Number is required for printing.