Instructors of a course may need to add teacher assistants or a CI to a course to assist in grading or setup of course. When these needs arise it is better for the Instructor to manually add these individuals.
- Listed here are the types of roles you can assign to your ‘helper’ and what each role does:
To start adding ‘helpers’ to your course you need to make sure that the following have been completed:
- You have successfully logged into Moodle (https://moodle.austincollege.edu)
- You have clicked and entered the course you are adding ‘helpers’ to
- To the left of the screen you will see the word Administration vertically, you will need to single click this to access the Course Administration Menu
- Under the Course Administration Menu you will see Users, single click Users to bring up additional options
- Since you are wanting to add users to your course for assisting purposes, you will need to enroll them in the course. This will only be done in Moodle and will NOT enroll them with the Registrar’s Office. Single click Enrolled Users.
- This will load a screen showing the courses current roster, all students registered to take this course for a grade will be listed here. NEVER add a student registered to take a course for a grade using this method. Always go through the Registrar’s Office.
- Located on the Enrolled Users screen is the option to Enrol Users (We’re aware of the misspelling, it’s Moodle), single click Enrol Users
- A small pop-up window will load. This is were you will add the individual(s) who will be assisting in your course.
- Step 1 shows the drop down for Assign Roles – This is were you pick the role of the individual(s) you will be enrolling into your course. These are defined at the top of this page.
- Step 2 indicates the search field, enter in the name of the individual you are adding and single click search.
- Enter the name of the individual, single click search. The user has loaded and has the one option to Enrol.
- Step 1 is to locate the user, you can search by any part of the name but the less specific you are the more results will be returned
- Step 2 is to single click Enroll, once done the option will disappear as an option
- Step 3 single click Finish Enrolling Users – This will add the user to your course and they will now have access using the level of permissions you have given them
- The individual will now be enrolled in your course, in the example below this user is enrolled as an additional teacher
- You can now return to your course and the individual(s) you have added will now be able to access this course and start assisting you in what ever is needed.