- If you are provided a work computer, click the Microsoft Outlook icon on your desktop or toolbar.
- In a web browser, navigate to https://mail.austincollege.edu
- Connect a mobile device to your email account. You can learn to do this on the Email for Mobile Devices page.
Using Email Safely
Austin College has a number of proactive mechanisms in place to make email safer for you. However, no system is perfect and you should do your part to use email safely:
- Be suspicious of all emails, even if you recognize the sender. Spammers can easily fake the From address and appear to be someone else.
- Be on the lookout for phishing attempts. Phishing is an attempt to get you to unknowingly provide your login information to a hacker. This usually takes the form of an email directing you to click on a link and enter your login information on a malicious web page.
- Be careful of clicking on links in emails. The text shown may not actually match the actual URL of the link. Hovering over the link will generally show the true destination.
- Be careful of opening attachments on emails. Viruses and ransomware are commonly distributed as infected attachments. Even seemingly safe files such as Word documents and Excel spreadsheets can be infected.
- When in doubt, contact the Help Desk at x2063 for assistance in determining the legitimacy of an email message.
- How can you tell if a message is spam and possibly harmful?
- Check your SPAM Quarantine