Making your Moodle course visible to students
Once a Moodle course has been created for your course, it is marked as Hide. This allows you to make layout changes to the course, upload documents, create quizzes, etc. before students can actually see the course. Each semester this option is forgotten about and faculty need to be reminded of it, so below are some simple instructions for making your course visible to your students.
- The first step whenever making changes to a specific Moodle course is to make sure you have entered your course and you can view the topics available.
- Once in your course, click Administration on the far left of the screen.
- This will bring a pop out menu that will allow you to Edit Settings. Single click Edit Settings.
- This will load the Edit Course Settings page, where you can start to customize the layout of your course, edit start date, make visible to students, etc.
- Note 1 indicates the field in which you’ll change the Visibility of the course from Hide to Show
- Note 2 indicates the start date of the course
- Once you have made the course visible to students and set the correct start date you can scroll to the bottom of the page and single click Save Changes.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Often students will contact Help Desk because they are unable to view the course. Every time it is because the course is still set to Hide and we inform them that the faculty member will need to change this setting. This can cause delays in distributing course material to start the semester off.