Technology Support is responsible for
- Selecting, deploying, and supporting campus-owned end-user computers, printers, projectors, and related components purchased through IT.
- Operating the Help Desk which provides technical, and some non-technical, support for users of college-owned computers and printers and the standard software installed on them. This includes helping with understanding and using common software, diagnosing and resolving computer and printer problems, repairing computer and printer problems (where feasible), and providing advice on the best way to utilize individual computer hardware and software to meet a specific need.
- Selecting, deploying, and supporting audio, video, and multi-media equipment for academic and extracurricular needs on campus.
Contact Us through the Help Desk
- Call 903.813.2063
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– please describe your problem in clear detail using your AC email account; a service request will be automatically generated
- Visit us at the East end of the Jackson Technology Center on the first floor (due West of the WCC)
The Help Desk is the first point of contact for faculty, staff and students for technical assistance on campus and is open 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you call and are sent to voice mail, please leave a message with your name, extension, and a detailed description of the problem. Your call will be logged, and you will receive a confirmation email and a tracking number. You can expect to be called back within 2 business hours except during times of unusually heavy activity.